12.10 - ALL-CHURCH ADVENT DINNER
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2017 @ 5:00PM
Dinner cost: $5/person
Join us for our annual all-church Advent Dinner on Sunday, December 10 at 5:00PM in the Gathering Place (lower level). We will be serving a hot meal with china and candlelight followed by dessert and crafts for the kids!
Help is needed for set-up, cooking/serving, and clean-up:
If transportation is a concern for those not able to drive at night, please let us know and we’ll be happy to make arrangements for you.
12.12 - LADIES’ ADVENT COMMUNION TEA
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12 @ NOON
Come and bring your friends—from this church, from other churches, or from no church—to share in this festive and seasonally-meaningful annual event.
- WORSHIP SERVICE HELP NEEDED! Contact Marge Miller – firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy Brown – email@example.com
- FOOD AND SET-UP HELP NEEDED! Contact Lynn Videon – Lvideon@verizon.net or Michele Leonard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEED CHILDCARE? Contact Katie Quigley – email@example.com
A special UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) collection for the Disaster Response Fund to benefit women and children from the recent hurricanes has been selected for this event and you can add your support by your presence and/or your gift.
12.14 - SENIOR LUNCHEON
September-June, 3rd Thursday of the month (unless otherwise scheduled)
Once a month, Wayne Church hosts a catered luncheon for our seniors with guest speakers on relevant topics. Many of our members (seniors included!) have stories to tell, knowledge to impart, or experiences to share, and we love hosting this event to facilitate that! Suggested donation of $10. You must RSVP to the church office by the Tuesday before the luncheon so that we may place our catering order accordingly! RSVP to Laura – L.firstname.lastname@example.org or (610)688-5650.
Here is our upcoming schedule:
- September 21, 2017 – Pastor Tom Ebersole | Future vision for Wayne Church
- October 19, 2017 – Jim Schoenlank | The Giving Bean, great coffee for great causes and fundraisers! (“View more” button here with remainder of list as an optional drop-down)
- November 16, 2017 – Marge & Art Miller | Travel-book-writing from a motorhome
- December 14, 2017 (2nd Thursday) – Jen & Paul Shillingford | Everyone is asked to bring Christmas cookies to be given to our Food Pantry recipients.
- January 18, 2018 – Charlie & Weezie Baker | Founders of Baker Industries, which provides work training for those who traditionally have difficulty holding jobs (i.e. the mentally & physically handicapped, homeless, & ex-offenders).
- February 15, 2018 – Bill Gardiner | Philadelphia Airport retail operations & recycling initiatives.
- March 15, 2018 – Dave Videon | Elder law.
- April 19, 2018 – Siobhan Lyons | CEO, Citizens Diplomacy International CDI, working through U.S. State Department, connects Philadelphia community & international guests with citizen volunteers—home hospitality & business.
- May 24, 2018 (4th Thursday) – Judy Ehninger | United Methodist Lay Ministry
- June 21, 2018 – Any Block | Deputy Chief, Police Department of Radnor Township. Identity theft and phone scams.
12.15 - ALL-CHURCH CHRISTMAS CAROLING
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2017, 6:30PM @ WAYNE CENTER
Join with others from our congregation to bring joy to the residents at Wayne Center with an hour of singing Christmas carols. You can meet us at the Wayne Center (30 West Avenue, Wayne PA 19087) at 6:30PM or walk to the Wayne Center with a group from the church (leaving the church at 6:15PM). *New this year!* We will be having a pizza dinner at 5:30PM for those interested. Please RSVP for the dinner by contacting Michele Leonard – email@example.com (RSVP deadline: Thursday morning, December 14!)
12.23 - CHOSEN 300 MINISTRY
DECEMBER 23, 2017
Feeding the Homeless
Every other month, Wayne Church provides a home-cooked meal for Chosen 300’s Pottstown location (150 N. Hanover Street). This new ministry was launched with great success on Christmas Eve 2016, and we are excited to partner with Chosen 300 into the future! There are many ways you can support this project, from planning the worship service, to shopping for groceries, to cooking the food, to serving it on site on the night of December 23rd, 2017.
Shopping, cooking, and serving will take place the week of October 23; to view this schedule, visit the online sign-up (available soon!). Many of these roles can be overlapping (e.g. cooking and cleanup, driving and serving) so please feel free to sign up for one or more tasks as your time allows! We have many opportunities for your involvement, so check out our many sign-up options!
Save the date for our next one! December 23, 2017
12.31 - 5TH SUNDAY COMMUNITY SERVICE WORSHIP
DECEMBER 31, 2017
Every month that has a 5th Sunday, the Gathering Place (our contemporary service) offers the opportunity to worship through service in place of our regular 9:15AM gathering on our church’s lower level. All are welcome to participate in these 5th Sunday worship experiences, whether we do a project on site, or serve our local community with an off-site work project. For more information about our next 5th Sunday, please visit our Worship through Service page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5th SUNDAY WORSHIP THROUGH SERVICE
COMMUNITY SERVICE FOOD SORTING DAY
Sunday, December 31, 2017 @ 9:15AM
This month, on Sunday, December 31 @ 9:15AM we will come together on the lower level of our building for a short time of worship and prayer before using our time and talents to sort through recent donations to our Food Pantry, check expiration dates, and prepare grocery bags for distribution to the needy. If you are unable to join us, you can still help our efforts! You can drop off non-perishable goods at the church, spread the word on social media, or make a monetary donation online! Help us to bless and serve the needy through this vital ministry!
1.5.18 - PIZZA AND UN-DECORATING OF THE SANCTUARY
FRIDAY, JANUARY 5 @ 5:30-7:30PM
Come for pizza, fellowship, and the breakdown of our Christmas decor in the sanctuary! Lend a helping hand to our staff in safely storing away our beautiful Christmas decorations for next year! Drop by anytime between 5:30 and 7:30PM!
1.20.18 - SERVICE AT CRADLES TO CRAYONS
SATURDAY, JANUARY 20, 2018 @ 1:00-3:00PM
Ladies, please consider joining us at Cradles to Crayons as we help provide children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive. Children are invited to serve as well. Space is limited and every volunteer must pre-register using the access code below:
Use the following Access Code: a0RC000000ImtpT
All volunteers are encouraged to bring along donations of children’s everyday essential items. They are always in particular need of brand-new socks and underwear for girls and boys (up to size 14/16)! Visit here for a list of items they do and do not accept. This is a rewarding way to engage in their mission and model from start to finish. Please remember to wear closed-toed shoes. Comfortable clothing is recommended.
QUESTIONS? Contact Michele Leonard – email@example.com
1.26.18 & 1.27.18 - RUMMAGE SALES
JANUARY 26 & 27, 2018
Our next Rummage Sale is scheduled for January 26 & 27, 2018! We cannot accept donations until Sunday, January 21 (after worship services), but you can start getting ready now!
- DROP-OFF: Donation drop-off is accepted only between Sunday, January 21 (after worship services) through Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
- SALE HOURS: Friday, January 26 @ 8:30AM-Noon | Saturday, January 27 @ 9:00AM-Noon
- If you would like to help or have any questions, please contact Rummage Ministry Team Leader Virginia Gardiner – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative date for next Rummage Sale: April 2018
2.2.18 - UMATTER: EMPTY BOWLS
HELP END HUNGER!
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2018 @ 5:00-8:00PM
Radnor High School’s Umatter, is thrilled to announce their third annual Empty Bowl fundraising event to help end hunger! This event will be held in our very own Gathering Place (lower level) on February 2, 2018 starting at 5:00PM. Empty Bowls is a grassroots movement to end hunger. You are cordially invited to come participate with us in this effort. Handmade bowls will be sold for $10 each. $10 will buy you a bowl, dinner, and will help to fill another’s empty stomach! All proceeds will benefit our church’s food pantry and the ABC house in Wayne! RSVP or QUESTIONS? Contact Amy Wildey – email@example.com
3.2.18 - LADIES’ NIGHT OUT @ PAINTING WITH A TWIST
FRIDAY, MARCH 2, 2018, 6:30-9:30PM
We will have a brief time for refreshments and then have a private instructor lead us in painting our masterpieces. $35/painter includes all supplies and instruction. Use the link below and enter our passcode (KQ915) to RSVP online for our private event by February 23. There is a limited number of seats so register soon to get your spot! We hope you can come enjoy a fun and relaxing night out with the women of Wayne Church!
QUESTIONS? Contact Katie Quigley – firstname.lastname@example.org