Welcome to Wayne Church Children’s Ministry!
My name is Christine Garton, and I’m the Director of Children’s Ministry. It is my sincere pleasure to welcome you into the Wayne Church family!
At Wayne Church we believe that children are a vital part of church life. We seek to engage children in worship, education, service, fellowship, and all other aspects of Christian and community life.
We have a number of programs available for children to participate in. More program information is available below.
Children are ALWAYS welcome in worship. However, we do have worship childcare for children ages 5 and younger.
I look forward to getting to know and serve you and your children! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blessings to you!
NEW WAYNE KIDS SCHEDULE on FACEBOOK LIVE & ZOOM!
Kids Join Miss Christine for online fun at the following times…
- Bedtime Stories ages 1-5 Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6:30 pm
- Bedtime Stories Kindergarten-2nd grade Monday, Wednesday & Friday @ 7 pm
- Elementary Bible Adventures Kindergarten-5th grade Tuesday & Thursday @ 2 pm
- Elementary Zoom Call Kindergarten-5th grade Wednesday @ 10:30 am
Please email Christine at email@example.com to get signed up for these events.
Childcare on Sunday Mornings*
Childcare for children ages 0-5 is available year-round from 9:10 AM-11:45 AM.
- Babies: Room A104
The infant nursery is for babies until they are walking well. It is located across from the restrooms in the hallway leading to the Sanctuary. The childcare staff are Ms. Sarah and Mr. Eddie.
- Toddlers: Room E107 Floor 1R
For babies who are walking well through children under 3 (as of 12/30). Room is at the end of the Floor 1R hall on the right. The childcare staff are Ms. Barbis and Ms. Lawren.
- Preschool: Room E105 Floor 1R
3 year-olds (as of 12/30) thru Pre-K. Room is halfway down the Floor 1R hall on the right. The childcare staff are Ms. Kim and Ms. De’Shonda.
*Signs will be posted.
Children’s Sunday School
For ages 3 through 5th grade from 10:45 am-11:45 am on Sundays, September through May. Childcare is available from 9:10 am-11:45 am year-round for ages 5 & under.
- Our preschool through Pre-K curriculum focuses on the telling of Bible stories, songs, crafts, and fun activities! The preschool classroom is located in Room E105 on Floor 1R. Children are to be picked up in their room by 11:45 am.
- Our elementary programs are based on the Workshop Rotation Model, in which the children spend several weeks learning one Bible story in many different ways; each week the classes rotate to a different workshop that emphasizes a different style of learning (i.e. drama, missions, art, science, and games). The K-2nd grade classroom is in Room E205 on Floor 2R (halfway down the hall on the right) and the 3rd-5th grade classroom is in Room E202 (1st door on the left). K-5th grade children will return to The Well across from the Sanctuary around 11:45 am.
Sunday Morning Kid’s Club
For children in Kindergarten through 5th grade from 9:10 am-10:15 am.
Kids will enjoy a fun atmosphere where they will participate in games, crafts, Bible apps, Lego’s, and other Bible-themed adventures! A weekly Bible devotion for elementary kids will also be offered, along with a snack. Located in the K-2nd Grade classroom in Room E205 on Floor 2R (halfway down the hall on the right).
For children in Kindergarten through 5th grade from 10 am-10:20 am.
Kids will learn songs to sing during the 10:30 am worship service and the Christmas Eve Family Service. Led by our Children’s Choir Director, Becky Douglas. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Practice takes place in the Choir Room, Room A203 on Floor 2.
For children who are entering Kindergarten through 6th grade. From Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend all children who are entering Kindergarten through 6th grade are invited to a child-level version of worship. Children leave the Sanctuary with the Director of Children’s Ministry after the Children’s Message during the 10:30 am worship service to participate in their own worship service in the Upper Room, located in Room A204 on Floor 2. Children return to the Sanctuary around 11:35 am.
Vacation Bible School
For children ages 4 through completed 4th grade.
Rocky Railway VBS will take place from 5:30-8 pm August 3-6. Dinner will be provided each night. Participant registration will open in May. Please watch this page for a registration link and additional VBS information. Email our Director of Children’s Ministry, Christine Garton, for the latest info.
Other Children’s Programs
- Worship Acolytes
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Bible Sunday
- Backpack Blessings Ceremony
- Annual Christmas Mission Project
- Advent Dinner Craft Extravaganza
- Christmas Eve Family Service Christmas Pageant
Please contact our Director of Children’s Ministry, Christine Garton at email@example.com for more information.